Thank you very much to my good friend Miss G at Time to Talk Beauty for the nomination AND the snail mail package all in the one day. I am consistently amazed at her dedicated daily blogs about all kinds of beauty related treats and treatment. We met through blogging and became friends on twitter and met up a year ago and haven’t looked back! Delighted to have been nominated, not least to get me blogging again.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
– Put the award logo on your blog.
– Answer the ten questions they have set you.
– Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
– Nominate up to ten new people.
Miss G’s Questions for me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
As a reader, I found blogs endlessly exciting and interesting. It’s just reading in a digital kinda way. I also got a great sense of connection and community from blogging. I wanted to scratch my eternal writing itch and be a part of that community.
2. What is your number one beauty product?
Hmm. I’m really not one for beauty products but maybe tinted moisturiser/Garnier BB Cream. I can deal with only that if I have to and it’s my base for any make up I do wear.
3. What do you spend more time on before a night out; hair or make-up?
Probably hair as I’m not great at either but I have a make up routine at least. My hair is a bit wavy and frizzy so it does need some work. You will usually find me persuading my sister or Mammy to plait it or fix it some way for me.
4. Who are your fashion and beauty heroines / muses?
I actually have no idea. Um. I loved Chantry’s character in the recent great ‘What If’ film, she was played by Zoe Kazan (Who kinda looks like Zooey Deschanel). I like a cutsey dress sense. And natural make up.
5. If you have a favourite film, what is it and why?
Maybe I should reassess, but I think it’s ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’ it’s just a love story, two people meant to be together no matter what crazy stuff they do. In a presumably futuristic world they impulsively ‘erase’ the other from the memory. It needs to be watched at least twice. Wonderful cast and incredibly clever story.
6. What is the best shampoo you’ve ever used?
Probably that ‘spensive Aussie stuff. I love the smell of it!
7. What is your favourite city?
I’m going to say Edinburgh… Just to stay in Miss G’s good books. The film ‘Midnight in Paris’ makes me crave to see Paris sometime, maybe that would change my mind??
8. False lashes, mascara, or both?
Mascara. Don’t have the patience and dedication for false lashes. I had them once for a wedding and I liked the effect though!
9. What is the best lip balm you’ve used?
I used to love the Body Shop ones when I was younger. In the colourful tubs. Mandarin flavour!
10. What is your current mood?
Hopeful. The best way to be.
My questions for them:
1. Do you have a make up must-have?
2. How are you at ‘doing hair’ ? Tips?
3. What is the last book you read?
4. What is your favourite dessert?
5. What’s the last song lyric to strike a chord with you?
6. Who would play you in a film about your life?
7. Do you think the theatre is still relevant?
8. What does blogging mean to you?
9. Is social media a blessing or a curse?
10. A telling question, ultimately is what you do for a living important?